To configure Workflow Manager on a server that is NOT part of the SharePoint 2013 farm and on which communication takes place by using HTTPS
- Determine whether you need to install Workflow Manager certificates in SharePoint 2013.
Under some circumstances, you have to obtain and install Workflow Manager certificates. If your installation requires that you obtain and install these certificates, you must complete that step before continuing. To learn whether you need to install certificates, and for instructions, see Install Workflow Manager certificates in SharePoint Server 2013.
- Log on to each server in the SharePoint Server 2013 farm.
- Install the Workflow Manager Client on each server in the SharePoint farm.
Before you can run the workflow pairing cmdlet, you must install Workflow Manager Client on each of the servers in the SharePoint farm.
Download and install the Workflow Manager Client here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=268376
- Open the SharePoint Management Shell as an administrator. This is accomplished by right-clicking the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell command and choosing Run as administrator.
- Run the Register-SPWorkflowService cmdlet.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite "https://myserver/mysitecollection" -WorkflowHostUri "https://workflow.example.com:12290"
You must install the Workflow Manager Client on each server in the SharePoint farm before you run the pairing cmdlet.