Provision User Profile Service Application
The following are the steps for creating the User Profile Service Application:
1. Go to Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage service applications.
2. Click on New -> User Profile Service Application.
3. Fill up the required information in the New User Profile Service Application form with the following information:
4. Go to Central Administration -> System Settings -> Manage services on this server.
5. Start the User Profile Service on the application servers.
6. Validate that the service is started.
7. Using the Local Users and Groups management console (lusrmgr.msc), ensure that the farm admin account (svc_prdspfarmadmin) is a local administrator in SPAS02. If not, go ahead and do this. Restart the machine after this step.
8. Using the Local Security management console, ensure that the farm admin account (svc_prdspfarmadmin) has log on locally rights. If not, go ahead and do this. Restart the machine after this step.
9. Start the User Profile Synchronization Service onSPAS02.
10. Wait until the service status is Started. It normally takes 2-3 minutes to provision everything.
During the creation of the User Profile Service Application, you can specify the name of the MySites host site collection. If this doesn’t exist yet, you can use the following steps:
1. Go to Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage web applications.
2. Click on New to create the MySites web application.
3. Complete the New Web Application form as follows:
4. Once the web application has been created, proceed to create the site collection.
5. Complete the New Site Collection page as follows:
6. The last thing to do is to add personal as a managed path. The name of the managed path can be changed. However for this production build, personal was used. To do this, go to the Manage Web Applications page, select the MySites web application, and click on Managed Path.
7. Type in personal and click on the Add Path button.
8. Once added, click on Ok.